Tuesday, July 26, 2011

It been what-Almost 4 years?

It was around December of 2008, back when myspace was still poppin'(hard to remember, right?), I had seen your profile picture a while back, seen you on my cousin's page.
It wasn't until I read what you said that I decided I liked your character-Still, I didn't add you.
But I did keep your words on my own page, of course I gave credit.
If it's safe to say, and I do believe it's pretty safe, I've been one of, if not your first supporter.
Anyways, wasn't until I built up the courage to add a mutual stranger, that I clicked "send friend request".
You liked how I had you on my page, I know deep inside it gave you motivation, made you feel special. We started talking in messages, all the "RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE" on the subjects, conversations were endless.
Never did our talk turn into something sexual, flirting? I mean there was a friendly teasing nature.
Came to the point where I would look forward to the "New messages" Icon, couldn't wait to read the wise and creative words that you crafted so effortlessly.
I wasn't behind though, I was a writer as well.
Between the exchanging of words there was an exchange of numbers.
One unexpected night, I texted you, "come to the Spectrum"
To be honest, I didn't really believe you would make it, but I couldn't help but grow anxious.
Waiting outside of Edwards, I kept glancing around for you, you called,we picked up, described our attire, search, search, found you.
Walked over. I reached for a handshake, but you gave me a hug.
Your friends were with you, but that night, it's as if they weren't present.
I was the first to be mean, I'm sorry, couldn't help it.
We talked about everything, talked about nothing, but man, our conversation it was effortless; it was natural.
I'd be lying if a spark didn't light that night, but I soon brushed it off, I mean come on? We barely knew each other.
The night had to come to an end, we bid farewell, couldn't wait for the next hello.
Hello didn't wait too long, we started conversing on the phone...hours stacked on hours...that first night, I remember summed up to about 5 hours. Damn.
I needed some coffee for school the next day, but I didn't mind it.
We continued talking on the phone, made me smile when I saw your number appear on my screen.
We would joke around and be serious. One night a sexual topic arose, we laughed at the thought, and we promised,
"Don't worry, I'll never see you like that. I can't."
Can't? Or Can't prevent it?
Whether we could've prevented this or not, it's too late to question.
Let's not forget your cocky nature:
"i'm only here for a limited time warranty."
I was quick to argue:
"nahh, I have life insurance on you,"
How long life is defined is intangible to grasp, some have a longer time, and some shorter, but seeing how all this started and unraveled, it still kinda gets me.
who woulda known?
I certainly had not a clue.
Since the beginning our beings complimented each other, that wasn't hard to see. But did you ever imagine it would ever come to this?
was this ever an option?
Is it still out of the question?
I appreciate your friendship too much to allow it to let it go, besides we've been through so much, how could I just let it all go like that?
I don't think you understand how sometimes I would pray to God and ask him to take you away if that was what was best.
I left. You were gone. But somehow we always managed to contact each other again.
I'd expect things to be different. Pauses on the phone, or an uncomfortable nature, but it was never like that.
Even after we argued, or I was mad at you, we always managed to lighten up the mood.
It was relaxing. Voices were soothing.
So I would ask God, irritated and confused:
"What do you want then? You already took him away, but why did you bring him back?
Alright, so you do want him in my life. I can definitely accept that."
But I forgot to ask the second most important question:
"How or in what form is he supposed to be present in my life?"
I mean, because it was silly of me right?
Just because two separate beings, raised differently, different natures, and genders could get along so well, could compliment each other so well to almost form a oneness did not mean they were supposed to be together.
If anything, maybe they were meant to be inseparable friends, and dare I say this word, "Best Friends"?
God loves friends. He says they should be one of your most valued treasures.
So, this story was our beginning, at least from my perspective, of our relationship; our friendship.
What the future hurls at us along our way I cannot predict, it's already thrown boulders at us, sometimes I feel like mountains themselves have moved against us, but here we remain.
I can only entrust our friendship to God, after all, he is the reason we met, the reason we re-met. He is the strength that was in me when I agreed to continue our friendship.
Anyways, here I am, in the year 2011, still happy to see a txt or call from you.
I am grateful, because I am blessed to have known you, my dear Friend.

"It is said that if you find one true friend in the course of your lifetime, you are very fortunate."
-Do you feel fortunate?

No comments:

Post a Comment