Friday, May 21, 2010

Peace Be With You.

I don't even know how to start this...but,
I'll never forget when I first met him in 8th grade Geometry Class. I see this extremely tall, giraffe-like, boy towering towards the seat behind me, right back corner, later I would find out he chose this seat because it was convenient for his daily naps. You have a class, the only class on campus, of 8th graders taking Geometry, oh the privilege it must be, of course you'd expect all of us to be extremely concentrated, I was. The only exception was, Robert, or should I say Sir Robert James Crowder XIII, as usual he just dozed off to catch some Z's. The thing that silently bugged me was how he ALWAYS dozed off during lessons, but on tests, 100 percent!! It was obvious he carried with him an extremely gifted brain. But it wasn't just his intelligence that caught your attention, his odd-like, funny, yet charming personality did not permit you to view him as just a "nerd" or "loser" "wierdo" you would have never labeled Sir Robert with such a title. As far as I'm concerned, everyone embraced his uniqueness, I personally looked up to it, his ability to just be Him, at such a tender age, to live life freely; reading books while on your head, laying across rows of desks to nap(b/c he was so tall he could do this only), making the most random topics connect, making me smile when I saw him.

Sir Robert James Crowder the thirteenth, You will not be forgotten, forever in my heart/soul/memory are you engraved. It is hard to believe, and many refuse to believe, an alleged suicide would have been committed by yourself. But that is not how I choose to remember you, you still bring a smile to my face whenever I think about you.
(5.20.10)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post i really like your blog im following now so plz return the favor

    ReplyDelete