Sunday, February 19, 2012

Valentine's date.

We chose to wait until the weekend after. I was excited, of course. I don't think you quite understand, I don't think you understand at all. I know it must get pretty irritating, when I get irritated, because you sometimes take more than I expect for you to arrive. But, I took some time to think about this, and I came to realize that I only get very impatient with you. All these other people whom I wait for, it's not so hard for me to wait. I think it's because I value every minute I spend with you, I don't want to waste any time, or let anytime escape from me being with you.
It's rather corny, I know, but it's the only valid reason I can fathom.
I loved my gift. I tried it on this morning, and when I looked at the tag for the skirt I was kinda scared and sad, the size read "small", and I'm usually a medium, I was scared to try it on. Scared it wouldn't fit. But when I put it on, and zipped it up, it fit. It fit so perfectly! The shirt goes perfect with it too. Thank you soo much. I can tell you put a lot of thought into it. Thank you for everything. I hope you liked your card, I really honestly put so much thought into it and love into it as well. I know you feel about me spending money on you and how you feel like you owe me or whatever, so I decided to make you something instead. And the evil Gir? How'd you like that, eh? haha.
As the day progressed, it didn't seem promising. The guy at the gas station messing up your order for gas, or whatever it is that you call it. The traffic on the freeway. You having to go buy a new shirt. The windy day. If we counted all the tiny little inconveniences, you would think it was a bad day. But it wasn't. I enjoyed all of it. Even the moments that were stressful. I enjoy times with you. I mean, I really am blessed to continue to have you in my life. Some of my fits are very unreasonable, and I know I sometimes get on your last nerve, but yet you try to always make me feel better and please me one way or another.
Walking through Downtown Disney, you might not believe me, but my favorite part was holding hands. It's a public sign of affection; being connected. It's a statement to each other that reads "There might be hundreds of people, but i'm walking with you." I like it.
Eating at the restaurant, it was quite humorous how you thought the waiter was flirting with me. I'm a server and I understand that, as servers, we must be friendly, sometimes overly friendly in order to get a good tip. It's all a method.
Even driving is enjoyable with you. Walking to the mall. Fitting room. Your fashion advice. Outfit ideas. I know you care.
And the silly idea of changing in the car, I really liked that part too, it was like we were jet-setting to a party. Like in the movies, you know, the ones where the girl changes in the taxi? It was kinda like that. I'm giggling out loud as I think about it. Smiling.
It was a good idea we made reservations. If not, we would've been waiting even longer. And the free appetizer? How cool was that? Although, probably not so cool for you because I forgot you don't really like tomatoes. How stupid of me. I can't believe I didn't remember that. I guess I was just too excited about it.
"This is the first time I've done this. I mean yeah, I've gone out to restaurants, but I've never done the whole dress up really nice and make reservations. You're the first girl"
I admit, that made me smile so hard. It made me feel pretty darn special. I've experienced so many new things with you. It all started with a message. It's crazy how time has passed, crazy how it all has evolved. It's actually pretty cool. It's amazing.
As I reread what I wrote, I now realize that it might not really make sense. I just wrote what came to mind. But it makes sense to me, our relationship makes sense. The conversation we had before I came into my house, I know it made you a bit irritated only because we've talked about it before. But I guess what I forgot to mention to you was, that I'm fine how we are. What we have, it makes me happy. It makes sense. And if it makes sense to you too, then what else matters? We don't know the future, but I know that what we have, it's already surpassed what other relationships, with titles, could only hope for. What we have, means so much more to me than what a title could bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment