Wednesday, March 17, 2010

40 Days without you, I promise.

So for my sacrifice I was really indecisive of what I wanted to do, so I thought of what would be the hardest thing for me to give up: A dear Friend. Yes, I kno it’s kind of silly, but I was reflecting and I pretty much give this person way more of my time than I do my spiritual self. So I decided to take a little break from contacting this person via conversations, b/c I did txt them maybe twice, but it was quick.

But what I did get out of this is actually positive, I affirmed that I’m not just used to talking to this person and it just hasn’t grown into a habit of having them in my life, yes I DID miss them ALOT, but I proved to myself that I DONT needthem. It’s not that I don’t care about them, it’s just I decided to put God and myself first. This decision only made my feelings stronger towards them, because it allowed me to appreciate their presence in my life, and be thankful they are in it, or at least were in it.

I haven’t told them that I took this decision, which is probably their motive for believing that I’ve abandoned them, though the temptation of calling them and explaining Everything is very great, my self-discipline increases everyday. I’m determined to wait it out, once the designated time has passed, I can explain everything, if they understand me and appreciate me as much as I do them, than their won’t be any problems.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I'm glad I read this!
    Good for you hun, I'm happy for you :)

    STAY STRONG!

    ReplyDelete