I was on Aol's homepage and this caught my sight. For the first time "the Saudi Arabian state has intervened in the marriage of a preteen girl to an older man".
Obviously, me living in a country where I get to choose whom I get to marry, thought it was unfair for a 9 year old to have to marry a man of 80 years her senior.
But to my surprise this girl was all for it "I agree to the marriage. I have no objection," she said. "This is in filial respect to my father and obedience to his wish."
Of course her father never thought twice about it, he's getting a $23,000 dowry, I can't help but question what thoughts go through her father's mind?
I hate to try and judge him, I do, but I'm sorry, I can't help it.
I do, in fact, have a right to my opinion. Especially how this girl is trying to be such a loyal daughter.
It's actually kind of ironic how recently today I came across Russ's blog and she mentioned how even at her age(27) she still does not feel ready to settle down.
But to this girl , being married off at such a young age has never been questioned, I guess the one thing I can understand is: Whatever you see and grow up with, that's your reality. It is not until you encounter unfamiliar ideas and people that you realize Reality is an interchangeable variable.
Your reality changes as you become more exposed to the outer world.
Read more about this case Here.
damn! thas so crazy..
ReplyDeletemilladream.blogspot.com